Seiten

9/30/2014

Sickness on Campus

Hey guys, 

todays theme might seem a little weird, but it's a really common topic living on a Campus.

In fact you are rarely alone on Campus, there are nearly almost other people with you, around you or had been in your space just a second before. Therefor the Campus is kind of a Disney World for Germs ! You receive and pass germs every day, that's way sickness spreads really fast on Campus, especially If you have to share a dorm with many people. 
Of course it unpossible to avoid this threadmill, mainly because of the amount of students, but partly because of your adaptability to the culture and life circumstances. For example: I as a German student am not used to air conditioning. in Germany we rarely use them and related to that my immune system had been attacked in the first week, because I just wasn't able to handle the cold temperature inside and the warm temperature outside.
Another reason for sickness might be misunderstanding or situations you didn't prepared yourself for. 
For example: when I went to Niagara Falls last weekend I knew that I'll get wet at the Cave of the Winds, but I didn't thought about it consequences! I forgot to take some other, dry clothes with me on the bus, so I had to wear my wet clothes the whole way back to New York, which was freaking cold, related to the air conditioning. And as a result of that I'm a cold right now. 

Even if you can't stop the Threatmill, you can do things to protect your Immune System and your Health!
1. Wash your hands, if you touched something, especially before eating!
2. Use hand sanitizer to kill those germs!
3. Strengthen our immune system with an healthy lifestyle
  - Cranberries are really good for your Immune System
  - Sports is good as well, because you clean your body
  - Eat Vitamins - NOT in concentrate or pills! - eat real fruits and vegetables
  - ... 
4. Try to avoid direct contact with sick people
5. Take medicine If your start to feel sick, but not just Antibiotics, not every illness is related to inflammation!
6. Visit a doctor if necessary!

I hope I could help you.
See u.

1 comment:

  1. Schau doch mal auf meinem Blog vorbei.
    http://momentaufnahmenblog.blogspot.co.at/

    Vielleicht willst du mir ja Feedback dalassen?
    Ich freue mich auf deinen Besuch.
    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete