Seiten

9/12/2014

Resume of the first week

Hey, 

as you might realised I didn't post something yesterday, it's just because 09/11 is such a massive day and I don't feel competent blogging about it. The only thing I want to tell you from experiences at the 09/11 memorial is, that you can feel the pain and grief looking in the eyes of those, who have been there. 

Today is Friday so I'm in NYC about a week now, so I think it's time for a resume! 

Dorms: First of all, I arranged myself with the room and with sharing a bathroom with 5 other people, without the possibility to lock it. And I actually went to the housing office today where I was told, that the new furniture is on a delay and that they actually plan to change the furniture in october. 

Meals: The breakfast in the cafeteria is quite good, you can eat cereals, bagels, hearty food and so much more. The only thing bothering me is the coffee. It's just not enough for all the students so they ran out of coffee at 9am, but I definitely need my daily coffee to stay awake. Favourite breakfast: Captain Crunch, a cranberry cone and a cup of strawberry flavored water. I had just been to lunch once, so I can't judge it at all, but my lunch was okay. I had chicken with rice and corn and again, flavored water. The dinner is quite good aswell! I like the fact that you can choose between 6 meals every dinner, but usually I just take the pizza, because it's my Favourite. Today you could choose between pizza, pasta, curry with rice, sandwiches and something vegetarian and I didn't hear anyone complaining at all. 

Campus: The campus is huge, but it's in a beautiful place. It actually isn't in the city but in Tarrytown, half an hour by train, which is actually really cool. Out of my window I can see the Hudson River and the tappan zee bridge, which might be the best view on the hole campus. I didn't visited any activitie places like the gym yet, but I heard that they are really cool, may try them tomorrow after buying sport shoes. 

Classes: The classes are related to your English level or skills. My class is B2.3, it's  actually upper immediate, which Is quite good. My teacher is really kind, she is focused on upgrading our skills so that we might change our level after the next test in a month. I myself don't need to reach a certain level so I just keep it down in school to be prepared for an awesome day in New York. The other teacher are supposed to be nice aswell, even if they're more on the funnier side. 

Tarrytown: Tarrytown is a little city in northern New York, it's actually close to sleepy hollow. Exactly, Irving's legendary sleepy hollow - there cityscape is related to the book. We have some nice shops here, like 711, C-town, Walgreens and cvs, and many different restaurants looking really cute and smelling delicious. The train station is a ten minutes walk away, which wouldn't be a problem if the school would be on a flat bottom, but it's actually up on the top of the local hill, so the walk is really challenging if you are in a hurry. As an EF student I can use a shuttle to the train and back, which is insane, related to my sports skills. 

All in all I really love beeing here even If I had to adapt to the different circumstances here.



       





No comments:

Post a Comment