Seiten

11/05/2014

My personal Halloween Experience

Hey, 

Last Friday, the 31th it was Halloween! And Halloween in New York is supposed to be spectacular.
The Village Parade at Halloween is well-known and attracts thousands of tourists every year, related to that the city was really crowded. But my own Halloween experience was different, less spectacular and nerve-stretching. 

Some friends and me planned to go to the Parade about a week before Halloween. We chose a train and knew exactly where to go, but than everything came different! 
Some girls were late, so we missed the train. Related to that we took the same train than the other students and it became clear that we'll go to the Parade as a huge group. 
We took the train at 5:30pm from Tarrytown Trainstation and reached Grand Central 1 hour later, so we just had 30 minutes to go to the Parade. 
But, to my surprise our self-proclaimed leader thought that the Parade takes place at the Times Square! I mean why? 
Some girls and me, who know where to go finally convinced the group to take the Subway to Spring Street, but that actually took us a long time, 'cause not all students had a metrocard. 
When we finally reached the Spring Street, I thought that the group won't be disoriented again, but of course I was wrong! One student with an High-tech Navi leaded the group east instead of west, so I raised my voice again, but I took a long time to convince them to walk in the other direction. 
When we got closer to the Avenue of the Americans, where the Parade took place, a police man told us that we need to walk north If we want to see the Parade and so we did, but just to go to the nearest Pizza Place! And I wasn't even able to buy a Pizza,'cause I had no more Cash with me, I mean New York is a Credit Card City! 
Hungry and pissed off I stayed with the group. I didn't wanted to walk around alone at Halloween night, that would have been to scary for me! 
When the others had finished their Pizza we walked south to Canal Street, where we joined the Parde for about 5 minutes until someone decided to go the Times Square, what an amazing idea, not!
But I went with them, as I told you previously, because I was alitlle scared. 

We took the Subway, or should I say we attacked the subway? Whatever, in the Subway it was actually really funny. The others started a national hymn battle. So everyone just shouted their national hymn or whatever came to their mind. That moment I felt a little pitty for the people around us. 
Reaching Times Square we searched our way to some kind of a bar, where we stayed about 30mins until we got kicked out. Then we splitter the group up, some students stayed at Tines Square, some went back to Grand Central, me as well. 
We took the train around 22pm which was quite early, but okay. In Tarrytown some of us went into a bar, but I hungry as I was just went back to Campus to eat something and to get rid of my anger. 


After all It was definitely not what I wanted to do on Halloween, and not what  I expected to happen. 
Of course it was funny, at least sometimes, but I really wanted to see the Parade.

Luckily my roommate sent me a few photos from the Parade, so that I can share them.

See u.



No comments:

Post a Comment