Seiten

11/09/2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


Hey,

I'm already in Christmas mood, as always a little too early, but with all the decoration in the stores and the cold weather - the weather man even announced snow for next week - I can't keep myself off that mood. 
I could really see myself hanging around in front of the fireplace with a cozy blanket a cup of coffee in my hands and Christmas music on the radio. But that's not going to happen this year for three particular reasons: First of all I am going to fly to Miami in my Christmas holidays. Secondly there's no fireplace on Campus. And finally I have no coffee machine. Whatever, none of it can keep me off my mood. 

Yesterday I went to Manhattan with Marleen. We took the train at 1 pm and reached Manhattan an hour later. Reaching Manhattan we went to Rockefeller center, where I wanted to try on two coats for Black Friday, unfortunately they just had one coat, so I kept searching for the other coat the whole day in several department stores in Manhattan, when a salesman told me, that the coat is out of season. Later I found out that the previous season ended at the beginning of this week - fate? A broad hint?. 

My search led us to Madison Avenue; 68th Street , where we found this adorable little boulangerie and patisserie »Bel Ami«. Our food and coffee there was delicious! I can really recommend their flour free cakes! 

Afterwards we went to Bloomingdales, which reminded me immediately to a movie, but I couldn't think of its name. We shopped a little over there, before we took the subway downtown and then to Dumbo. 
I read about the light festival online, but I didn't expected it to be such a magnet! 
At 7pm, 2 hours before the end, the queue was at least 1,5 blocks long! 
Related to that we decided to skip this attraction and went back to Tarrytown. 

After all it was a really cool day, even if my feed hurt sooooo bad now, but it was worth it! 

See u. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment