Seiten

10/26/2014

Saturday -> Downtown Fun-Day

Hey,

On Saturday I felt much better, so I decided to go to the city. I took the train at 1:01 at Tarrytown and than the Subway 6 to Union Square, where my perfect Saturday really begun! 
I made my way west towards the Hudson River along the 14th Street. I stopped at 9th Avenue to take some photos and continued my way to Chelsea Market. 

There I took the stairs up to the High Line, which I walked until the end at Gansevoort street, when I saw a Harvest Fest going on at the corner of 9th avenue.
The band playing was really good and the apple pie by bubby's was delicious, even If I sat myself into the rest of another apple pie -.- I had a lot of fun at the fest.

I continued my way thru Greenwich Village and Meatpacking District until I reached the famous, original Magnolia Bakery. As expected the line was huge, so I just took a photo. Instead I went into a cheese store, which has really sold my favorite cheese! I really wanted to buy a piece, but good cheese in the US is sooooo expensive! A pound of this special cheese would have cost me about $30, which is insane compared to 10€ ($17) in Germany!

Walking along the Bleeker street I entered SoHo, where I visited one of my favorite Boutiques DASH and some other stores without buying anything - so proud of me. 
Later I went thru Little Italy and Chinatown, which was absolutely amazing! It's like you enter a total different world! Just for interest I went into a Chinese supermarket and you could see the difference on first sight! There were hanging real fishes on the wall! I never saw something like that before, I swear! 

All in all this Saturday was one of my best Saturdays in New York so far! Meatpacking District and Bleeker Street are now my favorite spots in the City! I really enjoyed it! 

See u.


























No comments:

Post a Comment