Seiten

10/12/2014

Don't be a tourist


Hej, 

On Friday I went to Manhattan to visit the Modern Museum of Arts (MoMa), because of the Uniqlu Free Friday, but it was impossible for me to get in! 
I reached the MoMa at 5pm and the line was nearly two blogs long! It would have been crazy to line up there and visit the MoMa for about 5 minutes. There is so much more to do in New York, than waiting in a line.
After a little bit of frustration I made my way down to the International Center of Photography and it was really great. They have special conditions on Fridays as well, so you can decide how much you want to pay.
The Exhibition was pretty cool, especially because the Photographer himself was there! First I thought about getting an Autograph, but the books of the Exhibition cost over $100 and that's far more than I wanted to spend.

Afterwards I went to the Times Square, where I had dinner at the Red Lobster restaurant which was really delicious.

So whenever you're in New York try to avoid beeing a tourist! And I don't mean that you shouldn't visit the sights, but don't chase for every free attraction, because you'll end up in a line and spend far more time waiting than experiencing. 
And that includes avoiding the famous museums on Friday, If it's possible for you 

See u. 



No comments:

Post a Comment