Seiten

2/25/2015

Last weekend



Hey, 

I'm blogging late again, but I had to enjoy my last week as much as possible. 
At this moment I only have about 25 hours of my trip left and that really isn't a 
lot :/

Anyway, last weekend I went to the city three times (3? Yes, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, which was free because of Presidents' Day). I didn't do a lot because of the cold, but I think I made the best out of my time.

On Saturday we went to Manhattan a little earlier than usual, because a friend of Marleen came to visit. After picking here up we went to soho, where I finally bought everything I still needed. Afterwards we took a walk thru Little Italy and Chinatown, where we ate Lunch in the "Cafe Roma". And I have to say that little Italy looks so cute when snow is falling! 
Afterwards we already took the train back, because Marleens friend Caro had a lot of stuff with her, and because they wanted to be home earlier to go out at night. As usual here in the US I didn't went out, which was the right decision considering that I nearly fainted that night. 

On Sunday we went to Manhattan again, but at the normal time. Me, who decided to buy a shirt I saw in soho, went back to soho, while the others went to Times Square, which Caro never saw before. Afterwards we met up in Grand Central and went back to Times Square for Lunch. We had lunch for a pretty long time there, because it was unbelievable cold! I think we maybe had -20° or less! Also we had to discuss what else to do that day, because it was definitely to cold to stay outside, wherefore we finally decided to see the "The wedding ringer" in a nearby cinema. When the movie was over it was already 7pm, so we went back to the Campus.

On Monday we had something special planned, so that we had to leave a little earlier again. 
We wanted to go to Hoboken to take photos of the skyline, but the way there was more complicated than expected, because we didn't knew about the PATHs Holiday schedule, but when we finally reached Hoboken the view on Manhattan Downtown made up for that. 
After taking lots of photos in the cold, we all just wanted one thing: a warm drink! 
On our search we passed "Carlo's Bakery", which is quite famous, but the line was famous as well! Instead we decided, as usual for Starbucks, and I have to admit, that I love the Tiramisu flavored Latte!
We went back to Manhattan afterwards, brought Caro back to Grand Central and had dinner at "the pain qoutidien" afterwards, where I had a typical German whole wheat bread with my favourite cheese and ham, as well as pickles and olive mustard, which was delicious!
Afterwards we went back to the Campus, whereby the last weekend in New York was over.

See u.

No comments:

Post a Comment